The Museum is very kid friendly with plenty for them to see and do, enjoy a walk around the historic Carlton Gardens outside.
Major features of Melbourne Museum include:
- Celebrating Victoria's local Koorie culture in Bunjilaka, Aboriginal Cultural Centre.
- Explore Melbourne's rich history in the Melbourne Story exhibition.
- Be immersed in evocative stories and exhibitions.
- Discover the icons and personalities that have shaped Melbourne since the early 1800s.
- See Phar Lap, Australia's legendary racehorse, in the flesh. Walk amongst skeletons of amazing animals from the past; from dinosaurs, flying reptiles and megafauna.
Take a close look at bugs, from stick insects to red-back and funnel-web spiders in Bugs Alive. Wander through a living forest with resident wildlife inside the Forest Gallery. Journey into the mind and explore a world of emotions, thoughts, memories and dreams in The Mind exhibition.Learn More
Unlock More of Melbourne